The evening started with a Super Krewe Parade. The parade consisted of a custom Mardi Gras Float with a fabulous joker tossing out colorful beads. Behind the float was an authentic Jazz band playing joyful music. We joined the crowd, who followed behind singing and catching beads as we headed to the Bistro where we would indulge in our very own Fat Tuesday. Note: The crowd did not have to earn the beads the traditional way.
Once the parade of people arrived at the dining venue we witnessed the walking jazz band join a stage with drums and additional singers. We whisked away to the sounds of New Orleans as we participated in the evening festivities.
A spectacular buffet featuring the Taste of New Orleans awaited us. Everyone indulged in all the culinary pleasures on Fat Tuesday. Such as:
- Crescent City Baby Mixed Greens carrots, cucumber, cherry tomato, goat cheese, sherry vinaigrette
- Brennan’s Creole Green Beans caramelized onion roasted red peppers with applewood smoked bacon
- Antoine’ s Chicken Thigh and Andouille Jambalaya crushed tomato, tri-colored peppers, fresh herbs
- Emeril Lagasse BAM Dirty Rice short rib, pork shoulder, green onions
- Commanders Palace Gumbo shrimp, andouille sausage, chicken, okra, peppers, and scallions
- Central Grocery Muffulettas olive tapenade, salami, capicola, mortadella, provolone, ciabatta
- K – Pauls Cajun Shrimp Boil creole sausage, corn on the cob, red bliss potato
The evening continued with the traditional King Cake with every piece having a baby in it.
In addition, there was Bananas Fosters, Café Du Monde Beignets honey and powdered sugar and Strawberry Cheesecake.
Palm Reading and Tarot Cards
We almost missed the palm readers and tarot card readers. One of the event coordinators came around to the dining tables and let everyone know the location of the readers. I finished up my meal and headed over to have my palm read. It was fun, as I have not had a reading before.
Have you been to New Orleans or Mardi Gras event before? If yes, did you have the King Cake?